Wednesday, March 30, 2011

sWitChing blOGs

Hey followers!

Yes, it's been a freakin' year since our last post. We are not gone we just got....busy. That's a good thing for us, but not so good for you. Our neglect has probably made you run off for greener pastures. I don't blame you.

In two minutes or less, here's what we have been up to. Patricia joined her true calling and became a roller derby girl going by the name Slamburger Patty. She skates for the Dockyard Derby Dames of Tacoma WA. Her joining this cult has left poor old me as what is referred to in the derby world as a Derby Widow. It feels less like death than it implies but still there's a pretty big hole created when someone you are used to seeing all the time now has 4 hours of practice 4 nights a week.

So what did I do? I didn't cry like a tough girl's spouse I laced up some skates myself and told myself I was going to join men's derby or M-erby. Well, that didn't last too long. Men's derby isn't as fun as women's derby. This is clearly a sport that men should just leave alone (for a lot of reasons). Just ask me the next time you see me. I'll talk for hours about it (and I'm usually pretty quiet).

After a failing bid at men's derby I did what most every other spouse/partner of derby girls does. I became an official. Right now, I keep score and track penalties during bouts. But, my buddy Willie-wanna-konkya and I are going to join the ranks of skating refs in the near future.

The other little thing I've been up to is launching my business. In the past year, I began Spark Design under the premise to change the approach architects have taken to working with clients. As a Do-it-Yourself (DIY) kind of person I wanted to focus my practice on these same kinds of people. I've found it inspiring to see the growth of the DIY culture of the past decade. People are empowered by putting their own hands to work for themselves and with a little guidance I feel most people can accomplish what they to with out much help and a lot of encouragement. Or, at least, they can make some small changes that really make big differences on their own.

If you want to learn more, click the link about or here is the web code, http://sparkdbl.wordpress.com/

See you there!

Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment